Wednesday 20 October 2010

Goodbye Myriad Creatures & thank you everyone x



 I never got to say goodbye to two things. First, and most importantly all the most beautiful people who ever supported Myriad Creatures. There was never an official announcement that I left the band, so I never got to say goodbye properly. So here it is.

Second to the band itself.

Thank you so much everyone who gave me the best years, the most rocking gigs, the most surreal raging, craving, fire flashing extraordinary experiences of fulfillment and wonder I could ever expect to feel. If it ever gets half as good again, dam, then I give myself to God and to life and will never expect anything more. It was nothing without each and everyone one of you who from all your far out places & countries (most of which I have never known or experienced) gave the best dam atmosphere and sweat and God knows what else I could ever expect to experience.

To this heart, there is a past that will live forever on into my last days. Thank you.

For me tonight I ended up in a bar alone, and buying drinks, and cursing the barman, and with too much smoke in my jacket. And I drank a quiet whiskey and had one of the moments when things become clear. When you are happily anonymous, and you realize that life will continue without you, but may also continue with you.

I had just been to a great show. And it is important also for me to address the guys, and to say rock on brothers, good luck, and turn it all to light and fire. And I recommend all my friends and so on to roll on and go see the show when it next comes to town.

And for me that is the past. It ends and it begins with love, a smile and a willingness to go on.

This is my last dwelling on it. For me my future is about music. And doing everything in my spirit to make the dam best music I can. And supporting every friend and foe who has the guts to turn his life to do something that gives something that gives something to someone else.

Thank you everyone. And now a goodbye.

And here, a hello.

Turn it all to light and fire.

x

You can find me here:

www.facebook.com/jimkroft

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for that Jamie. As you know I have been following your exploits from afar but never with any less interest. I was downhearted when things went quiet and then the band re-emerged as a trio.

    Onwards, upwards, sidewards and any other dimension. You are all capable of dwelling in them on.

    Virtual McCallan to you m'boy with love from your friends in Edinburgh XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, thank you so much for this support, and always. Much love and hope to see you at a show in Scotland next year! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Och you're just teasing with your mythical Scottish dates!;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. No no I promise they will happen! Hoping to support The Attic Lights
    in Glasgow in Spring! x

    ReplyDelete